Healthcare executives are challenged to steer the organizational ship while remaining transparent, accessible, and communicative. Siloed structures and miscommunications impact their ability to lead effectively.
- Lack of face-time and means to reach out to managers and front-liners
- Lack of means to know first-hand how change affects employees
- Conduct virtual "town hall" meetings and reach every employee regardless of role or shift.
- Receive identified or anonymous feedback on the issues that are staff priorities.
- Lack of buy-in from stakeholders
- Difficulty knowing employees' needs that would improve their performance
- Assign elements of a robust employee needs assessment to key stakeholders across the organization to support strategic business decisions.
- Lack of time to reach out to nurses
- Lack of an effective means to disseminate information to nurses, especially those that pertain to compliance
- Disseminate critical regulatory education to nurses prior to a site survey
- Share survey successes and suggestions in a timely manner.